***NOTE: The Lerner Foundation is not currently seeking grant applications. To receive notification for future RFPs, please click HERE to sign up for our mailing list.
2016 Request for Proposal
The Lerner Foundation sought letters of inquiry from organizations engaged in activities that raise the aspirations of middle school students in Maine. Grants of up to $10,000 will be awarded for 1 year of operating support in June 2016.
The Lerner Foundation's broad goal is to use the RFP process to scan the landscape in order to learn who is doing what, where and how in engaging middle school students in Maine. Our primary goal is to identify and raise up organizations that are engaging with middle school youth around aspirations in effective and innovative ways. For the purposes of this RFP, rural geography was not a requirement because we wanted to learn more about urban programs or elements of programs that could be translated to a rural environment.
Priority was given to program models focused on:
- Positive youth development integrating both prevention and intervention strategies
- Multi-year mentoring activities – community or school-based
- Fostering social/emotional learning and resiliency asset building
- Encouraging higher education & career exploration
- Utilizing evaluation data to inform programming
All applications were submitted using our online application system.
- Letters of inquiry were due by midnight on February 19, 2016.
- Applicants invited to submit full proposals were notified on or before March 1, 2016.
- Full proposals were due by midnight on April 15, 2016.
- Grants were awarded June 15, 2016.